Project Semicolon is a place for community, where people come together to share what they’ve been through and what they’ve learned.
With hundreds of thousands of readers and friends on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+, Project Semicolon reaches a large audience of motivated people who are actively seeking tips and techniques to heal, grow, and enhance their lives.
This is not an elite space, reserved for experts, thought leaders, or professional bloggers. This is a blog for real people who are willing to share themselves honestly and vulnerably.
If you’re a writer and want to reach a large audience of people interested in suicide prevention, mental illness and mental health awareness, we hope you’ll consider our volunteer blogging opportunity. We are looking for mental health bloggers in the following areas:
- Treating anxiety
- Binge eating disorder
- Bipolar and young adults
- Building self-esteem
- Coping with depression
- Depression and young adults
- Dissociative identity disorder
- Getting through tough times
- Parenting a child with mental illness
- Living a blissful life
- Living with adult attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Mental health and youth
- Family members with mental illness
- Borderline personality disorder
- Recovering from mental illness
- Relationships and mental illness
- Eating disorders
- Mental health stigma
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning issues
- Posttraumatic stress disorder
- Work and bipolar or work and depression
- Verbal abuse in relationships
Note: You must choose one or more of the above subject areas and you must have lived experience with that topic. If you have a topic that you would like added to our list, simply bring it to our attention on the application.
- We are looking for people with lived experience and a depth of knowledge in their topic.
- Your real name and picture will be placed on the blog. You may not post as “anonymous.”
- You must be 21 or over.
- You must be a technically proficient writer who can write compelling, original content.
- You need to be able to speak out on topics relating to your subject and be willing to share pertinent, personal experiences.
- All post must use an image that represents the posted content.
- You must be able to respond appropriately to reader comments.
- Reserve self-promotion to your bio (as opposed to marketing a business, course, workshop, or service directly in the post). Please note that links in the body of the post may be removed.
- You need to be reliable and self-motivated.
- Being able to use a blogging platform and knowledge of search engine optimization is a plus.
- Choose a topic related to personal growth that isn’t gender-specific, and not related to parenting, religion, the law of attraction, productivity, blogging/running an online business, writing/publishing a book, coaching, being or becoming a psychiatrist or therapist, working as a motivational speaker, or money/entrepreneurship.
- Offer insights and practical tips to help readers overcome similar challenges. It doesn’t need to be a numbered list, but the story needs to build to a clear message/lesson for readers, something that might evoke an “A ha” moment for them.
Why Become a Contributor?
1. Your post will receive broad exposure, promoted to hundreds of thousands of friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and a 400k email list.
2. The Project Semicolon community is highly responsive through comments and the social networking pages, creating a rewarding experience all around.
3. Every post includes a bio with links back to your site.
4. As a Project Semicolon contributor, you can update your bio at any time to promote products you may be launching on your own.
We appreciate your time and interest and look forward to hearing from you.If you are interested and have what it takes, please start the application by clicking the link below: